Happy Independence Day!

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Happy Independence Day!
« on: July 02, 2015, 11:19:40 AM »
My continued gratitude to those who fought for our independence, both back in the 1770s, in all the years since then, and to those who continue to fight for and protect our freedoms today.  I consider myself blessed to be able to spend this time with my family, free to celebrate and live in this great country of ours.  To all of our members who celebrate Independence Day, and to all of our friends to celebrate alongside us, I wish you a safe, healthy and Happy Independence Day!

Some say freedom is a gift placed in our hands by our forefathers.
Some say freedom is a human right that none should be denied.
Some say freedom is a privilege that can and will be seized if taken for granted.
Some say freedom is the key that opens doors otherwise meant to imprison.
Some say freedom is power to do, to be, to say, and to accomplish what the oppressed cannot.
Some say freedom is a responsibility—a weight to be carried and shared by those willing to protect it.

Perhaps freedom is all these things.

But in my eyes, I see freedom as a treasure. It is a gem so rare and precious the fiercest battles rage over it. The blood of thousands is spilled for it—past, present, and future. Where true and unblemished freedom exists, it shines with perfect clarity, drawing the greedy masses, both those who desire a portion of the spoils and those who would rob the possessor of the treasure, hoping to bury it away.

Without freedom I am a slave in shackles on a ship lost at sea.

With freedom I am a captain; I am a pirate; I am an admiral; I am a scout; I am the eagle souring overhead; I am the north star guiding a crew; I am the ship itself; I am whatever I choose to be.

― Richelle E. Goodrich
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Happy Independence Day!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 11:19:35 AM »
Just as true today as it was last year.  I wish you a safe, healthy and Happy Independence Day!
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA