Away

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Away
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2017, 09:23:54 PM »
Short notice business trip. Leave in the morning, should be back Friday.  Ira's in charge while I'm gone.  Don't beat him up too badly, and make sure you clean up the mess (and smell) before I get back!
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2017, 02:23:24 AM »
Out of the country on vacation with my family and no computer 15-23 Apr. 
Out of town for business travel 29 Apr-03 May. 

Ira's got the con.
Don Desfosse

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2017, 01:31:36 AM »
Out of town at North America's premiere flight simulation conference, FlightSimCon, today through Monday night.
Don Desfosse

Toby Rice

• Members
    • View Profile
    • ZJX ARTCC
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2017, 09:51:34 AM »
Wish I could say the same!  Good luck, have fun, and be safe boss  :)
Toby Rice
Jacksonville ARTCC
ACE Team | Former HCF ATM | Former ATC Instructor

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2017, 04:32:42 PM »
I'll be away on vacation, celebrating both summer and the freedoms of our country, with my family from 01 - 09 Jul.  Ira will be handling what comes across my desk during that time.  Be good to him!  All the best for a safe, healthy and happy Independence Day!  Please remember those that have served, and continue to serve, to protect the freedoms that we and our loved ones enjoy.
Don Desfosse

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2017, 07:12:03 PM »
I'll be away on vacation, celebrating both summer and the freedoms of our country, with my family from 01 - 09 Jul.  Ira will be handling what comes across my desk during that time.  Be good to him!  All the best for a safe, healthy and happy Independence Day!  Please remember those that have served, and continue to serve, to protect the freedoms that we and our loved ones enjoy.

Does Ira not deserve vacations?!

Ira Robinson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2017, 02:22:54 PM »

Does Ira not deserve vacations?!

Actually, no.  The benefit package for VATUSA employees requires that you be employed for one year before you are eligible for any of the many(?) benefits the job offers.  The accrual period begins at the end of your 13th month on the job. That's a little known fact, and I can probably get in trouble for telling you this, but this is why they keep it a secret until after you have accepted a position here. Otherwise they probably wouldn't be able to attract any quality applicants, only those who just want to hold a title.    ;)
Ira Robinson

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2017, 02:25:51 PM »
Just wait, Ira.. after 2 years you get a bonus equal to your full year's salary here.

Ira Robinson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2017, 02:49:01 PM »
Just wait, Ira.. after 2 years you get a bonus equal to your full year's salary here.

Oh great!  More money I have to hide from the wife.  Will it never end.....   :'(
Ira Robinson

Mark Hubbert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2017, 03:25:28 PM »
Wait a daggumit minute.  I never got my 2 year bonus and I just checked, my VATUSA 401K is now -$17451.23
Oh and Ira, I will be on vacation from July 5th through July 10th.  This is vacation # 2.  Sorry
Mark Hubbert
Division Director VATUSA Retired

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2017, 03:31:57 PM »
Since everyone else is going on vacation.. might as well use my days, too. I'll be on leave for the next week. Lol

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2017, 04:51:38 PM »
Sweet.  With all of the parents gone, there's going to be one sick party around here.

Cole Connelly

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2017, 12:02:38 PM »
Sweet.  With all of the parents gone, there's going to be one sick party around here.
I already bought party hats, wooooo!
Cole Connelly
Controller - C1

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2017, 01:48:39 PM »
Ira will be here, he's not eligible for leave accrual, yet.

Rick Rump

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
    • vZDC
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2017, 02:26:14 PM »
15 years to get those 8 hours is a rough go.
VATUSA Deputy Director Emeritus
Former ZDC ATM, DATM, TA & WM
VATSIM Supervisor | Team 5