Looking for an ATC in your area?

Mario Loubier

• Members
    • View Profile
Looking for an ATC in your area?
« on: December 29, 2016, 06:11:41 AM »
Unfortunatly I had to resign Boston ARTCC because the beginning of my training was not possible soon enough.

Give me a sign if you have a job for me and if you can begin my training very soon.

Regards.

Camden Bruno

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for an ATC in your area?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 10:12:33 AM »
Well, let's be completely truthful please. You miscommunicated via email and did not follow-up with your Mentor on training times. Then, when I told you it may be tough to find a training time at this specific time of year (due to all of the holidays and the influx of students), you decided to quit. Lastly, keep in mind I openly stated that, if you were having trouble finding times, you could request a new mentor/instructor by getting in contact with me.

This isn't a race to the finish line and patience is a virtue. You'll find that regardless of which facility you are a part of.

Good luck,

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 11:13:48 AM »
I also strongly suggest you recalibrate your expectations.  The facility you just quit has more than double the throughput than the next closest facility in terms of training and certification rates; statistically, your best shot for quick training and certification was probably there.  Nonetheless, good luck at your next facility.  Since you're not eligible for a transfer until February 16, I suggest you spend that time wisely trying to figure out which facility's training program and capacity is more aligned with your desires.
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA

Russell DeSpain

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 12:12:08 PM »
To OP:

I don't know the full story but always try to be as transparent as possible with your communication and the story behind it.

It's the quickest way to lose your credibility, not only here, but in everything you do.
Russell DeSpain
ZID Facilities Engineer - C1
VATSIM P1 Pilot

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 08:03:19 PM »
After your last post where you publicly accused your mentor of missing a scheduled training session, for all of the USA to see, I personally looked into this on your behalf.  Again, the advice to be open, honest, and truthful is good advice, yet either there is a significant language barrier or you continue to choose not to accept that good advice. 

Since for some reason you want to seem to continue to do this publicly....  I'll go ahead and publish the facts.  Your mentor told you a week earlier that due to his existing training schedule, family schedules, holidays, etc., he was not available until some time after 2100 hours on Tuesday the 20th at the earliest, and asked you to please reply with a day and time that would work for you.  You never responded until you sent a note around 2000 hours on Tuesday the 20th trying to confirm for 2100.  When you are given a week to set up an appointment, and you did not, your mentor, in my opinion quite reasonably, gave up on you.  Then you send a note about an hour before you were looking to be trained, but your mentor didn't see the note until after 2100.  You called him out for missing a training session, however no training session date and time was agreed upon between the two of you.  If you had sent him a note and acknowledged that you were looking for a training session in one hour's time, and acknowledged the fact that it was a long shot hope, that would be reasonable.  However, you called him out publicly for missing a training session.  Perhaps there is a language barrier, but you need to understand that there was no scheduled training session, and it is completely and totally unreasonable to expect a volunteer to see and react to your no-notice e-mail within an hour.  And you were wrong for calling him out publicly for missing a scheduled training session, because there was no scheduled training session.

Calling someone out publicly is indeed poor form and in poor taste.  Worse, the facts do not support your position, reflecting badly on you and your judgment.  I strongly suggest that you use your discretion in the future and do not take such things public, but try to resolve them one on one, or with the facility leadership. 

When you posted your complaint publicly on the forums, I looked into it to try to help you.  However, I take great exception to misinformation being published on the forums that attempts to tarnish one of my facilities and/or its members, thus this final post to clear up this misinformation.  That said, this thread has run its course.
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA