VATUSA at FlightSimCon 2017 - Early Bird Registration Ending

Matthew Bartels

• Members
    • View Profile
VATUSA at FlightSimCon 2017 - Early Bird Registration Ending
« on: January 31, 2017, 12:48:09 PM »
Good Afternoon VATUSA Member,

VATUSA will be participating at FlightSimCon 2017 at the Bradley Airport in Windsor Locks, CT

The convention is June 10-11, 2017.

This 2 day convention will feature representatives from your favorite add-on vendors, seminars on flight simulation, and previews of things coming to a simulator near you.  There will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions of developers, meet fellow VATSIMers, engage with flight simulator enthusiasts from all over the world, and maybe even score a freebie or two!

VATUSA will be staffing a few tables to show  the public what we do and encourage more people to fly or control on our network. We will be seeking volunteers to help with this demonstration. Stay tuned to the VATUSA forums for more information on how to volunteer.

In addition to the convention display team,   VATUSA is also planning on hosting a live event following completion of the convention activities on June 11 (pending final approval from FlightSimCon).  All VATUSA controllers are welcome to bring their controlling rigs and take part in this live event provided they register for at least 1 day of the convention.

Registration is required for the convention and more information can be found at http://www.flightsimcon.com.

The conference is ending early bird registration on January 31, 2017 at 23:59 EST which provides a $10 discount off registration fees.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:19:31 PM by Matthew Bartels »

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: VATUSA at FlightSimCon 2017 - Early Bird Registration Ending
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 01:40:53 PM »
Thanks, Matt!  You've done a phenomenal job of working with the FlightSimCon folks to really showcase VATUSA and VATSIM.

Folks, FlightSimCon is North America's largest Flight Sim Conference.  Ours is a tiny, niche industry.  Software developers, hardware developers, and online networks are all represented there.  Participation in FlightSimCon is important to reaching out to potential members that may have either never heard of VATSIM or been afraid to join a network as large as VATSIM.  It's also key to reaching out to former members that may not be aware of some of the phenomenal things we've done in VATUSA over the last several years, as well as those who may have been interested, but turned off for a variety of reasons, in the past.  I think we are a much more welcoming, tolerant, and training-focused community than we were when I joined.  Some will say that's good, and some will say that's not so good.  In either case, we continue to strive to find the best balance that gives our members the most amount of fun and realism that is appropriate for our network.

Plus, I think a live controlling event on Sunday evening, though maybe tough for some peoples' schedules, would be a blast!  I'm registered and am looking forward to being there, and meeting as many VATUSA members as I can.

I do hope you'll support FlightSimCon, support VATUSA, and support VATSIM by attending.

See you in June!

Sergio Lopez

• Members
    • View Profile
    • vZMA ARTCC
Re: VATUSA at FlightSimCon 2017 - Early Bird Registration Ending
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 12:14:28 AM »
Planning on being there as part of Vattastic with Larry as well as some more local ZMA Controllers. Had a blast at last year's event.