Sticking it out!

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Sticking it out!
« on: February 16, 2017, 10:57:51 AM »
Just a quick shout out for the guys at ZKC.  I've said it many times before, FNO is our flagship legacy VATUSA event hosted every week; it has roots going back to the beginning of VATSIM (for you old timers, think TGIF....).  Although most ARTCCs advertise a 4-5 (and sometimes 6) hour event, there are often MANY pilots still trying to get in/out after the "official" end time of the event.  And it's especially tough for those who live in the Pacific, Alaskan and Hawaiian time zones.  I have repeatedly, for years, asked folks to do their best to have at least one or two controllers prepared to handle overflow for every FNO.  Some times it works, many times it doesn't.

ZKC hosted FNO this past Friday night, and recognizing that there were still a ton (I counted 71) aircraft still inbound as of the advertised end of their event, many of their controllers stayed on past the advertised end time -- up to 2 hours extra for some folks after an already-long shift! -- and made sure everyone made it in.  BRAVO!!  Great job, and thank you for your dedication to serving as many VATSIM members as you possibly could.  It was great to get some positive from many pilots that came in late and still had service.  AWESOME and THANK YOU!!

Toby Rice

• Members
    • View Profile
    • ZJX ARTCC
Re: Sticking it out!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 12:59:16 PM »
:) ZKC did a fine job!

Milan Cruz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 04:17:10 PM »
Thanks Don for the kind words all of us in the ZKC we very happy about how the FNO went !! :) :) :) :)

Mark Hubbert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 08:55:11 PM »
I agree, ZKC hosted a great event and done an awesome job.  Enjoyed the event.

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 12:15:08 AM »
Happened again last week in ZOA, and again tonight in ZME.  Really appreciate the controllers who are able for staying on past the official end time -- in some cases significantly past!  Makes a big difference and this is 3 weeks in a row that I've gotten great feedback for folks staying on (and got to enjoy it myself!).  Thank you!