Unexpected Downtime

Unexpected Downtime
« on: April 04, 2017, 12:35:13 PM »
As I'm sure many of you noticed, the server on which VATUSA is hosted suffered a significant hardware failure early yesterday morning which resulted in the server having to be rebuilt from the ground up.  The database was restored and is accurate, however, the filesystem was damaged in a way that anything over the past week or so has been lost.

I have restored much of the website, however, the API remains down until further notice while they work to restore the server and then re-enable lighttpd.  The ETA until the API returns is unknown.  This means events and news won't display on the front page, and staff members won't be able to access facility member lists.  Staff can still access user profiles through Member Management and entering their CID.

I will post updates here.

Re: Unexpected Downtime
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 08:45:40 PM »
Provider has hit 50% restoration after ~12 hours of data restore.  The software we need for the API is queued for after the backups are restored, so we're looking at a tomorrow morning ETA for API restoration.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 08:01:33 AM »
Backup restoration appears completed, the needed software has been installed and the API appears to be functional.  Any residual issues encountered, please let me know.

Nestor Diaz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 08:37:46 AM »
Hello Daniel, I am trying to log in at www.vatusa.net but I always receive a too many redirects errors (with Edge and Chrome browsers).

Regards,
Nestor Diaz

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 12:35:37 PM »
Hello Daniel, I am trying to log in at www.vatusa.net but I always receive a too many redirects errors (with Edge and Chrome browsers).

Regards,
Nestor Diaz

Have you transferred to vatusa in the past few hours?