Linked Events

• VatVenture 2017: July 23, 2017

vZAU presents: VatVenture 2017!

Freddie Clarke

• Members
    • View Profile
vZAU presents: VatVenture 2017!
« on: April 05, 2017, 10:00:18 PM »
Back by popular demand, the Chicago ARTCC proudly presents VatVenture 2017! To celebrate the EAA AirVenture event, the controllers of Chicago will be staffing up KOSH in Oshkosh, Wisconsin on Sunday, July 23rd from 2330z - 0330z. We invite everyone to bring out their aircraft and have some great summer fun!

« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 05:53:02 PM by Freddie Clarke »
Freddie Clarke
Chicago ARTCC - Events Coordinator
[email protected]

Sergio Lopez

• Members
    • View Profile
    • vZMA ARTCC
Re: vZAU presents: VatVenture 2017!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 01:32:40 PM »
Very nice!
Sergio Lopez
AIT at vZMA ARTCC
Follow us on Twitter!
The "Live" in Miami Live!

Reynolds Price

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 01:52:10 PM »
Any NOTAM's to be advised of like IRL? standard apps or special ones for the event?
Lee Rey

Signatures confuse me.

Jakob Kruse

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 07:52:00 PM »
Hello Lee,

We will be treating Osh Kosh as it would be in the real world. From class d procedures to all of the approach types into the airport!

Jakob Kruse
vZAU Air Traffic Manager
[email protected]

Toby Rice

• Members
    • View Profile
    • ZJX ARTCC
Toby Rice
Jacksonville ARTCC
ACE Team | Former HCF ATM | Former ATC Instructor

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 02:50:15 PM »
With any luck, we'll be there by then.  Wonder how well it'll run on the laptop to fly it again online :-)

Clay Brock

• ZHU Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 11:19:21 PM »
Will the famous Fisk Approach be open??
Clay Brock (CB) - 1299667

Nick Warren

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 02:56:53 PM »
Obviously not changeable, so just verbalizing aloud.  Why is this an evening/night event?  If any event should be a daytime event, it's this one simply based on the visuals alone.  I realize one can still capture some daylight early in the event, but just seems strange, especially when offering it on a weekend.

Reynolds Price

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 09:02:17 PM »
yeah thats my question, so the IRL 2017 NOTAM serves as the NOTAM for this event?
Lee Rey

Signatures confuse me.

Eric Hill

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 08:25:42 AM »
I agree it should have been a day event. By NOTAM the airport is actually closed at these times.

Eric

Reynolds Price

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 09:24:53 AM »
Now what about Scenery? is there a specific addon that ZAU requests us have? specially like for the FISK.
Lee Rey

Signatures confuse me.

Paul Dobear

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 11:35:04 AM »
Simple solution to "Rock your wings"....Put it in the ATIS they should be pulling before FISK "Rock your wings = IDENT"

There is a really good marked scenery for Oshkosh with runway color markings here.  You have to register but it is free to download.

http://www.theskylounge.tv/

Hope that helps someone

Michael Becker

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2017, 12:21:28 PM »
Obviously not changeable, so just verbalizing aloud.  Why is this an evening/night event?  If any event should be a daytime event, it's this one simply based on the visuals alone.  I realize one can still capture some daylight early in the event, but just seems strange, especially when offering it on a weekend.

Yes, this.  Agree.

Jakob Kruse

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2017, 12:42:08 PM »
I understand all points being made. I agree with that it should be a day time event, which will be taken into consideration next year. IN response to Lee, Osh Kosh will be treated as a class D airport throughout this event, so that part of the NOTAM will not be valid, but we will be doing our best to have aircraft follow the specific arrivals into Osh Kosh, if they are capable.

Otherwise, it is obviously impossible for controllers to see aircraft 'rock their wings', and most sceneries do not depict the tracks or many of the other reporting points. In this case, pilots will be asked to Ident over FISK with the FISK approach controller, then be instructed to follow the appropriate transition that controller gives. They will then be instructed to change to the appropriate tower controller.

Aircraft may put the color of their aircraft in the remarks section of their flight plan, to be indentified by that, otherwise, the FISK controller will simply use the callsign of the aircraft as a default.

If you have anymore questions about the procedures of flying into Osh Kosh this evening, please feel free to post below, and I will try to answer ASAP, or send me an email: [email protected]

Hope to see you this evening,

Jakob

Jakob Kruse
vZAU Air Traffic Manager
[email protected]

Reynolds Price

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2017, 02:52:18 PM »
my questions have been answered. someone should make a scenry that allows for the NOTAM to be fully valid in my opinion. :p
Lee Rey

Signatures confuse me.