Daniel Hawton VATUSA 6 announces retirement

Mark Hubbert

• Members
    • View Profile
Daniel Hawton VATUSA 6 announces retirement
« on: May 22, 2018, 06:16:00 PM »
Daniel Hawton has announced that he intends to retire from his role as Data Services Manager.  Daniel has been extremely busy with his job and traveling to very remote locations with limited internet access.  In addition he is going to school to prepare for a second career therefore he feels that he cannot dedicate the time to our web needs.  Daniel has agreed to remain in position for an interim period to conduct routine maintenance and to provide consultation as needed until we can find a permanent replacement.  I want to thank Daniel for the tremendous effort that he has poured into developing and maintaining our website not to mention the countless features that he has been able to add to improve functionality.  Furthermore, Daniel has been very instrumental in restoring damaged and lost data not only for VATUSA but some of the ARTCC's that have had issues in the past.  Often times making repairs etc. to systems in the early morning hours while most of us were asleep in our beds.  Thanking Daniel for his dedicated service.  Wishing you the very best in your future endeavors and pursuit of a second career although you will truly be missed. 

Toby Rice

• Members
    • View Profile
    • ZJX ARTCC
Re: Daniel Hawton VATUSA 6 announces retirement
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 07:00:55 PM »
Thank you for your hard work, Daniel.

Richard Sill

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 07:11:42 PM »
Daniel,

Thank you for all the great work you have done for VATUSA and its ARTCCs. You will be sorely missed.

The best of success to you from all of us at ZME!

Fady Botros

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 10:06:13 PM »
Thanks Daniel! Enjoy the peace and quiet!

Kyle Sanders

• Instructors
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 06:39:59 AM »
HEAR HEAR!

Austin Wilkins

• ZFW Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 02:00:25 PM »
Congrats on your retirement Daniel and good luck with your bright future.

Tony Jeppesen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 07:19:41 PM »
Thank you Daniel for all of your hard work to bring the website into the 21st Century! Best of luck in your endeavors. You'll be missed sir.

Manuel Manigault

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 08:14:44 PM »
I'm going to miss you.  I've always been impressed with your technological skills, and I have enjoyed our friendship on the network over the years.  Best of luck!!

Amin Abrahem

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 01:38:44 AM »
Thank you Daniel for all the hard work and best of luck in all your future endeavors!

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 07:52:18 AM »
Thanks gents.. it's been a trying and tiring 3 and a half years.. I'm ready for a nice cold one and to prop my feet up.

Clay Brock

• ZHU Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 08:27:35 AM »
Thank you so much Daniel for the time and effort that you put into VATUSA. You will be missed!

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 11:32:05 AM »
Daniel,

I cannot thank you enough for the incredible work, dedication and results that you have provided for the benefit of VATSIM, VATUSA, our ARTCCs, and me personally.  You have taken us leaps and bounds forward from where we once were.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you.  You have my undying gratitude.

I can tell you that retirement is nice, you get some time back, but there's always that sucking sound in the background, sucking you back in.... ;)  Enjoy some time off, and look forward to working with you again at some point!  ;) ;) ;)

Kyle Ekas

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 01:57:04 PM »
You have improved VATUSA immensely and we are all the better for it. Thanks for all that you have done for this community.

K